Hello and welcome to another edition of This Week in Solid!
Solid is a set of open specifications, built on existing open standards, that describes how to build applications in such a way that users can conveniently switch between data storage providers and application providers and take the data generated along.
This is a weekly summary of Solid progress.
Want something mentioned? Contact the Solid Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. This Week in Solid is openly developed on GitHub. If you find any errors in this week’s issue please submit a pull request.
Want to get involved? Contributions are welcome.
Every Thursday there is an hour-long public call where newcomers can introduce themselves, anyone can ask general questions about Solid, and we recap the weeks’ works on Solid.
Important! The Solid weekly call on the 5th of December is canceled.
Tune in at this line:
- on the 12th December at 10:00 CET.
- on the 19th December at 16:00 CET.
- No call on the 26th December due to Boxing Day.
- on the 2nd January 2020 at 16:00.
- on the 9th January 2020 at 10:00.
- on the 16th January 2020 at 16:00.
- on the 23rd January 2020 at 10:00.
- (and so on, alternating at 10:00 CET and 16:00 CET, unless otherwise noted here)
There are a few upcoming events where you can learn more and meet others working on Solid:
- 2019-12-10 Solid Enschede
- 2019-12-11 MyData Madrid by Alejandro Juan García
- 2019-01-30 Solid Amsterdam
- 2020-02-07 Solid CERN is an internal event that may bring the place where Sir Tim invented the Web to the heart of the Web’s future by Maria Dimou.
Have you seen any articles or talks about Solid this week? If you’ve seen any talks, articles, or written blog posts about Solid please do send them over for next week.
- Digita is hiring a Full Stack Developer and a Linked Data Principal. Email email@example.com for more information
- Inrupt is hiring a Head of Business Development, Project Manager, DevOps Engineer, and Senior Front-End Engineer/Architect.
Until next week!