19th September 2019
Hello and welcome to another edition of This Month in Solid!
Solid is a set of open specifications, built on existing open standards, that describes how to build applications in such a way that users can conveniently switch between data storage providers and application providers and take the data generated along.
This is a monthly summary of Solid progress.
Want something mentioned? Contact the Solid Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. This Month in Solid is openly developed on GitHub. If you find any errors in this month’s issue please submit a pull request.
Weekly Solid Call
Every Thursday there is an hour long public call where newcomers can introduce themselves, anyone can ask general questions about Solid, and we recap the weeks works on Solid.
You can read the minutes of the call here.
Moderator: Mitzi László Present: Vincent Turn, Michiel de John, Sharon, Sam, Zhang Chun Long @whitesnow0321 Scribe: Mitzi László Minutes:
- Sam and Sharon introduced the apps they were working on which are both related to locational data. https://arcanemaps.com/ was one of the projects that were raised along with https://waag.org/nl/event/data-commons-1-fietsdata
- Spoke about the Solid app tutorials work that was being covered by the creators and shared a link of a draft version for Sharon and Sam to test. https://vincenttunru.gitlab.io/tripledoc/docs/writing-a-solid-app/writing-a-solid-app.html
- Walked through an overview of the Solid specification work as stated in This Week in Solid
- Gave an update about Node Solid Server project as stated in This Week in Solid
Next weeks call will be on the 26th September at 1600 CEST on this line.
Talks & Articles
Have you seen any articles or talks about Solid this week? If you’ve seen any talks, articles, or written blog posts about Solid please do send them over for next week.
- Solid Social Linked Data in Beijing
- presentation about iSumo, Karl H. Richters prototype to track impact on the product supply chain 5
- Mitzi László Spoke at the Nextcloud conference on the 15th September
Solid Events are run by members of the Solid community like you. If you are interested in organising a Solid Event you may be interested in reading the tips for a organising successful Solid events here.
|10-10-2019||Solid Amsterdam||Jeroen van Beele|
|11-10-2019||Solid Copenhagen||Sarmad Reda|
Solid Events are run by members of the Solid community like you. Solid Event organisers write tips for a organising successful Solid events here
The Solid standard is currently referred to as the specification and is being led by the editors. The focus at the moment is to define the scope of a Solid spec deliverable for December by submitting issues to the specification repository. On the 27th December the editors will finalise the decision on which issues to include in the December deliverable scope by organising them into a defined milestone.
Updates on Solid Projects
Solid projects are activities happening on the Solid GitHub other than panels. Below are the links to where there were active conversations on each of the projects.
Are you interested in leading the Node Solid Server Project? The current team are looking for support so if you are interested reach out email@example.com.
There has been some speculation about changes and just to reassure you that there are no concrete changes on the horizon and if there are I’ll be sure to keep you posted.
No updates this week.
Until next week!