25 July 2019
Hello and welcome to another edition of This Week in Solid!
Solid is a set of open specifications, built on existing open standards, that describes how to build applications in such a way that users can conveniently switch between data storage providers and application providers and take the data generated along.
This is a weekly summary of Solid progress.
Want something mentioned? Contact the Solid Manager at email@example.com. This Week in Solid is openly developed on GitHub. If you find any errors in this week’s issue please submit a pull request.
Want to get involved? Contributions are welcome.
Every Thursday there is an hour-long public call where newcomers can introduce themselves, anyone can ask general questions about Solid, and we recap the weeks’ works on Solid.
Tune in at this line:
- on the 2nd January 2020 at 16:00.
- on the 9th January 2020 at 10:00.
- on the 16th January 2020 at 16:00.
- on the 23rd January 2020 at 10:00.
- (and so on, alternating at 10:00 CET and 16:00 CET, unless otherwise noted here)
Updates from the Solid Community
News & Blog Posts
Have you seen any articles about Solid this week? If you’ve seen any articles or written blog posts about Solid please do send them over for next week.
- Jackson and Tim were at the DWeb camp where they got a deploy of the archive.org Pod server working (though it’s not ready to go fully public yet), and presented to a big turnout of campers with an inquisitive and positive reception.
- ¿Internet está averiado? Tim Berners-Lee y otros están intentando repararlo - La Vanguardia
- Getting real with digital innovation - Bai
Active conversations about proposals
Here is a little overview of active conversations this week.
- Resource Versioning
- Mark SPARQL GET at risk
- Remove SPARQL on GET
- Mutable and immutable resources
- Remove globbing
- Make definition of substantive changes more specific
- Add areas of focus to editors.md
- Detail Solid GitHub permissions associated to roles
- Update code-of-conduct.md
- Update solid-vision-mission-values.md
- Applications to roles and process proposals
Data Browser Project
- Allows you to select a tab by name
- Add link to delete your account to preferences
- Need to support acl:default
- Changing from defaultForNew to default with fallback
Node Solid Server Project
Reviewed Solid Proposals
Candidate proposals to the Solid Specification, Solid Roadmap, or Supporting Documentation submitted for review go through an editorial process before they are accepted. You can read more about the details of the submission and review process of proposals here. This week the roles are still being reviewed so
New and Updated Apps, Pods, and Identity Providers
Quote of the week
A good quote is worth a thousand words. If you see any quotes on Solid that you would like to mention, add them here.
Solid Events are run by members of the Solid community like you. Solid Event organisers write tips for a organising successful Solid events here
Until next week!