25 July 2019
Hello and welcome to another issue of This Week in Solid!
Solid is a voluntary global technical specification for building interoperable software. This is a weekly summary of its progress and community. Want something mentioned? Contact the Solid Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a pull request. Want to get involved? We love contributions.
Updates from the Solid Community
News & Blog Posts
Have you seen any articles about Solid this week? If you’ve seen any articles or written blog posts about Solid please do send them over for next week.
- Jackson and Tim were at the DWeb camp where they got a deploy of the archive.org Pod server working (though it’s not ready to go fully public yet), and presented to a big turnout of campers with an inquisitive and positive reception.
- ¿Internet está averiado? Tim Berners-Lee y otros están intentando repararlo - La Vanguardia
- Getting real with digital innovation - Bai
Active conversations about proposals
Here is a little overview of active conversations this week.
- Resource Versioning
- Mark SPARQL GET at risk
- Remove SPARQL on GET
- Mutable and immutable resources
- Remove globbing
- Make definition of substantive changes more specific
- Add areas of focus to editors.md
- Detail Solid GitHub permissions associated to roles
- Update code-of-conduct.md
- Update solid-vision-mission-values.md
- Applications to roles and process proposals
Data Browser Project
- Allows you to select a tab by name
- Add link to delete your account to preferences
- Need to support acl:default
- Changing from defaultForNew to default with fallback
Node Solid Server Project
Reviewed Solid Proposals
Candidate proposals to the Solid Specification, Solid Roadmap, or Supporting Documentation submitted for review go through an editorial process before they are accepted. You can read more about the details of the submission and review process of proposals here. This week the roles are still being reviewed so
New and Updated Apps, Pods, and Identity Providers
Quote of the week
A good quote is worth a thousand words. If you see any quotes on Solid that you would like to mention, add them here.
Solid Events are run by members of the Solid community like you. Solid Event organisers write tips for a organising successful Solid events here
Until next week!