Hello and welcome to another edition of This Month in Solid!
Solid is a set of open specifications, built on existing open standards, that describes how to build applications in such a way that users can conveniently switch between data storage providers and application providers and take the data generated along.
This is a monthly summary of Solid progress.
Want something mentioned? Contact the Solid Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. This Month in Solid is openly developed on GitHub. If you find any errors in this month’s issue please submit a pull request.
Solid World is an opportunity to meet people who are interested in or currently working on Solid. If you missed Solid World you can watch the recording here.The next Solid World will happen on the 3rd September 2020.
Articles and Talks mentioning Solid
- TIME - We Need to Change How We Share Our Personal Data Online in the Age of COVID-19
- The Future of Online Identity is Decentralized by Yarmo Mackenbach
- Tem Big Tech: stop data in privékluizen
- The Web’s Big Build
- Digital Identity as an Investment
- MIT Technology Review - A plan to redesign the internet could make apps that no one controls
In Other News
This month, there’s been a website refresh, check out the latest version of the website. Anyone can make suggestions around how to improve the website by submitting an issue or pull request for the Creators to process.
Check out the winners of the Solid geolocation challenge at the Universidad de Oviedo.
- Apart from the standardisation work happening in Solid GitHub there is also some running code. There are currently three teams working on this running code which you can find listed here. One of the three teams is working on these repositories of running code. If you are intersted in contributing to this running code you can find some good places to start in the column called ‘to try experiments’ of this kanban board.
- Check out the new Solid app by Noel De Martin called Media Kraken that let’s you track your media and never miss a beat. Read more on the documentation and source code which is under GNU General Public License v3.0 as well this thread to discuss feedback.
- Digita is hiring a Full Stack Developer and a Linked Data Principal. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Contact Inrupt careers