This page references vocabularies that are widely used, and that are likely to cover some aspects of your app:
- Common vocabularies are all-purpose vocabularies solving everyday life issues (for app development)
- Technical vocabularies are vocabularies describing technical entities: HTTP messages, RSS feeds…
- Core vocabularies are vocabularies used to build vocabularies.
- Solid vocabularies are vocabularies present in the Solid standard.
These vocabularies have a general community support, and they address issues that are horizontal to many applications.
|Frequently Asked Questions||Relevant vocabularies|
|I want to talk about social interaction||as|
|I want to talk about licenses||cc|
|I want to talk about documents’ metadata (author, title, etc.)||dc elements and terms|
|I want to talk about events||as, ical|
|I want to talk about people, communities and organizations||foaf, vcard, sioc|
|I want to talk about places||geonames, wgs84|
|I want to describe an online meeting||meeting|
|I want to talk about music||mo|
|I want to describe things that are usually found on web pages||schema|
|I want to talk about time and timezones||time, tzont|
|I want to track issues and log events||rlog, wf|
These vocabularies are tied to technical standard.
|Linked Data Platform||ldp|
These vocabularies are used as building blocks to make the others.
These vocabularies are the ones featured in the Solid standard.
- Access Control List (acl)
- Linked Data Platform (ldp)
- Media types (mime)
- Solid terms
- POSIX stat
- User Interface (ui)
Your application requires a vocabulary that you did not find on this page? Maybe it’s out there somewhere. Next, we see how to discover vocabularies.